It’s a new year and you might be thinking about fashion trade show participation. Fashion trade shows look a lot different in 2021, but many are still taking place virtually and a few are even taking place in person. Here is a comprehensive list for you to check out:
Fashion Trade Shows- Sourcing
Source fabrics and trims, attend business seminars, meet factories, sample makers, printers, and all kinds of production-focused industry folks. These are shows you attend for free.
- New York Fabric Show: New York Fabric Show offers a fabric and trimmings exhibit for designers, manufacturers, retailers, and more. The expo features American & European mills, converters, and importers. No shows are scheduled so far in 2021 due to covid but be sure to bookmark their site in case this changes.
- Texworld USA: Texworld USA is North America’s largest sourcing event for designers, fabric buyers, and merchandisers consisting of products ranging across the entire spectrum of fabrics. The next Texworld USA is scheduled for July 20th-21st, 2021 and is all digital this year.
- Sourcing at Magic: Sourcing at Magic is a fashion-sourcing event where attendees have access to global resources and receive insight into trends and information regarding inventive technology and the industry. 2021 dates are to be announced.
- Kingpins: Kingpins offers a tightly selected list of vendors including denim and sportswear fabric from all over the world. The show happens in various cities, and 2021 dates are TBD.
- Indigo/ Premiere Vision: This show brings 125 exhibitors including design studios, bookshops, and trend bureaus while showing designs for prints, embroideries, knits and more. Indigo New York has been postponed until further notice.
- L.A. Textile Show: This show is the fashion industry’s premier West Coast destination for textile, design, and production resources from around the globe. Showcasing hundreds of international fabric collections and design services, the caliber of resources and fashion direction is presented with the West Coast’s contemporary and lifestyle designers in mind. They also have a sourcing pavilion for finding factories and other production-related services. This show takes place from February 24th-26th (virtually) and September 29th-October 1st (in person).
- CFE MANUFACTURERS TRADE SHOW: Meet over 20 manufacturers and supporting services offering sampling production and specialist skills to fashion labels. Browse the array of exhibitors or book one-on-one appointments with enterprises suitable for your business. Connect with high-end fashion production units and services. Trade show dates for 2021 are still pending.
- Textile Forum The Fashion Fabric Show London: Textile Forum has cemented itself as London’s premier sourcing event for luxury fashion fabrics. The show attracts fabric buyers from major fashion retailers and brands, established independent design businesses and start-ups, tailors, craft shops, seamstresses, and costumiers. This show takes place in London March 2021.
- MUNICH FABRIC START: A dedicated trade show for members of the fashion industry, manufacturers, and suppliers. Each season large numbers of fashion professionals from across Europe head to Munich to research and source for their new collections. The next show is February 4th-6th, 2020.
- Functional Fabric Fair: This is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest trends in fabric development for the functional textile industry. The next Functional Fabric Fair will be held on April 14th-15th in Portland and July 19th-20th in NYC.
- International Sourcing Expo Australia: Australia’s premier international sourcing show for apparel, accessories and textiles. November 23rd-25th, Melbourne Australia.
- Source Africa: Source Africa is the leading industry event of its kind that brings together suppliers, manufacturers, service providers and buyers all under one roof and takes place in Cape Town, South Africa. Dates for 2021 are TBA.
- London Textile Fair: The London Textile Fair is the biggest textile fair in London and is described as “a well-organized and friendly show.” The 2021 show has been canceled until further notice due to covid.
- International Apparel and Textile Fair: The UAE’s exclusive sourcing and textile fair will be held in Dubai, with dates to be announced.
- Pure London: Pure Origin London unites manufacturers and buyers in London’s busiest fashion trade hub. The next show is on February 23rd, 2021 and you can register here.
Top Tips for Sourcing-Based Fashion Trade Shows
Fashion Trade Shows- Selling
Get new wholesale accounts, attend networking events, meet fellow designers, press, boutique owners, and all kinds of sales and marketing-focused industry folks. These are shows you participate in for a cost.
For these shows you need to have your packet ready to share with buyers: your look book and wholesale line sheet especially.
- Coterie: Coterie is the premier global event that connects women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear designers with the international “who’s who” of retailers. Coterie builds exclusive shopping experiences from the ground up so that brands and buyers can create synergies that fuel their businesses. This year the show is being held digitally for one month starting on February 16th.
- Capsule: Capsule normally holds a women’s show in New York City, featuring “a unique combination of independent, often founder-run labels alongside established industry favorites.” This year the event will be virtual, with dates to be announced soon.
- Designers and Agents: Designers & Agents identifies emerging talent and creates connections with designers and buyers. D&A features brands from around the world that are the influencers of the market. This year the event is taking place as a series of virtual showrooms, beginning in January.
- COAST: COAST shows come to Miami on April 22nd-24th, 2021. COAST offers the latest trends and bridges the gap between designers and retailers while becoming a global trade show.
- Agenda: With a portfolio of over 1,000 brands, Agenda is the most diverse fashion trade show in the world. It comes to Las Vegas August 11th-12th.
- POOL: The POOL tradeshow is where new items are found for the boutique market for all sorts of retailers. POOL will be a virtual event this year, taking place over the entire month of Feburary.
- AccessoriesTheShow: NEW YORK AccessoriesTheShow creates the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplace for juried accessories each and every season. This event takes place in NYC with dates to be determined.
- Accessorie Circuit: Established in 1987, CIRCUIT is a comprehensive women’s accessory and footwear exhibition featuring designer and fine jewelry, handbags, footwear, scarves, belts, and gift items. In 2021 this event will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person exhibitions, with dates to be announced soon.
- TRANOÏ: An artistic platform with a curated selection of international premium designers, created for them to meet the most influential fashion ambassadors. In addition to fashion tradeshows, TRANOÏ also puts together artistic installations, designers’ exhibitions, catwalk shows, parties, and all sorts of events that arouse the dreams and desires inherent to fashion. Comes to Paris March 5th-8th, 2021.
- NY NOW LIFESTYLE: This show will showcase a broad spectrum of merchandise categories, including giftware, personal care, stationery, fashion accessories, and children’s products. This year NY Now is holding a digital market week January 28th-February 3rd.
- NY NOW HANDMADE: Representing all home and lifestyle categories and crafted in all types of media – with distinct groupings of designer-makers and global import resources. Taking place digitally January 28th-February 3rd.
- Pure London: Be sure to take your place at the UK’s most unmissable fashion retail event. The next event is virtual on February 23rd.
- The Lingerie Selection: This show is dedicated to promoting independent brands in the fast-growing lingerie segment. The show connects brands and buyers and forms a community of lingerie professionals, all seeking to provide their customers with exactly what they desire. The event usually takes place in Chelsea, NY, and 2021 dates are to be announced.
- KnowShow is Canada’s premier lifestyle trade show and normally takes place in Vancouver. For 2021, the event has been reimagined as a digital platform.
- Man / Woman Shows: The Man and Woman shows are dedicated to bringing together a select community of brands from around the world and offering brands an introduction to the right buyers. 2021 dates have yet to be announced.
- International Jewelry London: This is the largest global meeting place for the jewelry industry and typically takes place in London. 2021 dates have been canceled.
- Who’s Next: Who’s Next is the leading international fashion trade show for women in Europe. The next show takes place March 5th-7th, 2021, in Paris.
- Jacket Required: This premium fashion trade show is open exclusively to buyers and members of the press. The 2021 show is tentatively scheduled for September.
- Outdoor Retailer: Outdoor Retailer takes place in Denver June 15th-17th, 2021. This is North America’s largest trade show in the outdoor clothing industry.
- Scoop: Scoop is a designer womenswear trade show held in East London and takes place September 12th-14th, 2021.
- Seek: Seek is a progressive contemporary fashion trade show taking place in Frankfurt July 6th-8th, 2021.
- SwimShow: The world’s largest swim show takes place virtually this year, January 11th-March 11th.
- American Handcrafted: This is the largest North American handmade wholesale show in the northeast. It will take place virtually February 6th-10th and also in Philadelphia from August 8th-11th.
- FashionGo – The 2nd FashionGo Week takes place virtually from Feb 8th to Feb 12th and showcases fashion & lifestyle brands
Top Tips for Sales-Based Fashion Trade Shows: