It’s a new year and you might be thinking about fashion trade show participation. Here is a comprehensive list of 2023 fashion trade shows for you to check out:
Fashion Trade Shows- Sourcing
Source fabrics and trims, attend business seminars, meet factories, sample makers, printers, and all kinds of production-focused industry folks. These are shows you attend for free.
- New York Fabric Show: New York Fabric Show offers a fabric and trimmings exhibit for designers, manufacturers, retailers, and more. The expo features American & European mills, converters, and importers. In 2023, the show is scheduled for January 18th and 19th.
- Texworld USA: Texworld USA is North America’s largest sourcing event for designers, fabric buyers, and merchandisers consisting of products ranging across the entire spectrum of fabrics. The next Texworld USA is scheduled for January 31st-February 2nd.
- Sourcing at Magic: Sourcing at Magic is a fashion-sourcing event where attendees have access to global resources and receive insight into trends and information regarding inventive technology and the industry. 2023 sessions are being held in Las Vegas, February 13th- 15th.
- Kingpins: Kingpins offers a carefully selected list of vendors including denim and sportswear fabric from all over the world. The show happens in NYC on January 11-12, 2023, Amsterdam April 12th-13th, and China TBA.
- Indigo/ Premiere Vision: This show brings together more than 100 exhibitors including experts in fabrics, leather, manufacturing, accessories, and more. Indigo New York will take place on January 17th and 18th this year.
- L.A. Textile Show: This show is the fashion industry’s premier West Coast destination for textile, design, and production resources. Showcasing hundreds of international fabric collections and design services, the show is presented with the West Coast’s contemporary and lifestyle designers in mind. They also have a sourcing pavilion for finding factories and other production-related services. This show takes place February 22nd-24th.
- Textile Forum The Fashion Fabric Show London: Textile Forum has cemented itself as London’s premier sourcing event for luxury fashion fabrics. The show attracts fabric buyers from major fashion retailers and brands, established independent design businesses and start-ups, tailors, craft shops, seamstresses, and costumiers. This show takes place in London, March 15th- 16th.
- MUNICH FABRIC START: A dedicated trade show for members of the fashion industry, manufacturers, and suppliers. Each season large numbers of fashion professionals from across Europe head to Munich to research and source for their new collections. The next show is January 24th-26th, 2023.
- Functional Fabric Fair: This is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest trends in fabric development for the functional textile industry. The next Functional Fabric Fairs will be held on April 4th-5th and November 2nd-3rd in Portland and July 18th-19th in NYC.
- International Sourcing Expo Australia: Australia’s premier international sourcing show for apparel, accessories, and textiles. This year’s event takes place November 21st-23rd in Melbourne, Australia.
- Source Africa: Source Africa is the leading industry event of its kind that brings together suppliers, manufacturers, service providers, and buyers all under one roof and takes place in Cape Town, South Africa, September 26th-28th.
- London Textile Fair: The London Textile Fair is the biggest textile fair in London and is described as “a well-organized and friendly show.” The next show takes place January 10th-11th.
- International Apparel and Textile Fair: The UAE’s exclusive sourcing and textile fair will be held in Dubai, on May 1st-3rd.
- Pure London: Pure Origin London unites manufacturers and buyers in London’s busiest fashion trade hub. The next show takes place February 12th-14th.
Top Tips for Sourcing-Based Fashion Trade Shows
Fashion Trade Shows- Selling
Get new wholesale accounts, attend networking events, meet fellow designers, press, boutique owners, and all kinds of sales and marketing-focused industry folks. These are shows you participate in for a cost.
For these shows you need to have your packet ready to share with buyers: your lookbook and wholesale line sheet especially.
- Coterie: Coterie is the premier global event that connects women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear designers with the international “who’s who” of retailers. Coterie builds exclusive shopping experiences from the ground up so that brands and buyers can create synergies that fuel their businesses. This year’s shows are TBD.
- Designers and Agents: The Designers & Agents show identifies emerging talent and creates connections with designers and buyers. D&A features brands from around the world that are the influencers of the market. This year the event takes place in New York, February 19th-21st, and in Los Angeles, March 13th-15th.
- COAST: COAST shows come to Miami on March 8th and 9th, Fort Lauderdale June 5th and 6th, Chicago January 22nd-23rd; May 21st-22nd; and August 28th-29th. COAST offers the latest trends and bridges the gap between designers and retailers while becoming a global trade show.
- Agenda: With a portfolio of over 1,000 brands, Agenda is the most diverse fashion trade show in the world. It comes to Las Vegas on February 14th-15th.
- Magic: The Magic tradeshow is focused on young contemporary apparel, footwear, and accessories. This show takes place in Las Vegas February 13th-15th, New York February 21st-23rd, and Nashville April 26th-27th.
- Accessories The Show: NEW YORK Accessories The Show creates the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplace for juried accessories each and every season. This event takes place in NYC February 21st-23rd.
- TRANOÏ: This show is an artistic platform with a curated selection of international premium designers. In addition to fashion tradeshows, TRANOÏ also brings together artistic installations, designers’ exhibitions, catwalk shows, parties, and all sorts of events. The show comes to Paris January 19th-22nd.
- NY NOW: This show will showcase a broad spectrum of merchandise categories, including giftware, personal care, stationery, fashion accessories, and children’s products. This year NY Now is holding a winter show in New York, February 5th-8th and a summer show August 13th-16th.
- Pure London: Be sure to take your place at the UK’s most unmissable fashion retail event. The next event is in London February 12th-14th.
- KnowShow is Canada’s premier lifestyle trade show and 2023 dates are TBD.
- Man / Woman Shows: The Man and Woman shows are dedicated to bringing together a select community of brands from around the world and offering brands an introduction to the right buyers. Man/Woman Paris takes place January 20th-22nd, and Man/Woman New York takes place January 24th-26th.
- Who’s Next: Who’s Next is the leading international fashion trade show for women in Europe. The next show takes place January 21st-23rd, in Paris.
- Outdoor Retailer: Outdoor Retailer is North America’s largest trade show in the outdoor clothing industry and takes place in Salt Lake City. The Snow Show is scheduled for January 10th-12th and the Summer Show is June 19th-21st.
- Scoop: Scoop is a designer menswear trade show held in London January 29th-31st.
- Seek: Seek is a progressive contemporary fashion trade show held in Germany January 17th-19th.
- SwimShow: The world’s largest swim show takes place in Miami, July 8th-10th.
- American Handcrafted: This is the largest North American handmade wholesale show in the northeast. It will take place in Philadelphia from February 25th-27th.
Top Tips for Sales-Based Fashion Trade Shows: