It’s about to be a new year and you might be thinking about fashion trade show participation. If that’s the case, here’s a list of fashion trade shows for 2020:
Fashion Trade Shows- Sourcing
Source fabrics and trims, attend business seminars, meet factories, sample makers, printers, and all kinds of production-focused industry folks. These are shows you attend for free.
- New York Fabric Show: New York Fabric Show offers a fabric and trimmings exhibit for designers, manufacturers, retailers, and more. The expo features American & European mills, converters, and importers. The expo hits New York on January 20th and 21st, 2020. There are additional shows in Dallas March 25th-26th, Atlanta in June, and additional cities and dates TBA.
- Texworld USA: Texworld USA is North America’s largest sourcing event for designers, fabric buyers, and merchandisers consisting of products ranging across the entire spectrum of fabrics. The next Texworld USA is scheduled in New York January 19th-21st, 2020.
- Sourcing at Magic: Sourcing at Magic is a fashion-sourcing event where attendees have access to global resources and receive insight into trends and information regarding inventive technology and the industry. It takes place February 4th-7th, 2020 in Las Vegas.
- Kingpins: Kingpins offers a tightly selected list of vendors including denim and sportswear fabric from all over the world. The show happens in various cities, with the next show in Amsterdam April 22nd-23rd, 2020.
- Indigo/ Premiere Vision: This show brings 125 exhibitors including design studios, bookshops, and trend bureaus while showing designs for prints, embroideries, knits and more. Indigo New York will take place January 21st-22nd, 2020.
- L.A. Textile Show: This show is the fashion industry’s premier West Coast destination for textile, design, and production resources from around the globe. Showcasing hundreds of international fabric collections and design services, the caliber of resources and fashion direction is presented with the West Coast’s contemporary and lifestyle designers in mind. They also have a sourcing pavilion for finding factories and other production-related services. This show takes place from March 4th-6th, 2020.
- CFE MANUFACTURERS TRADE SHOW: Meet over 20 manufacturers and supporting services offering sampling production and specialist skills to fashion labels. Browse the array of exhibitors or book one-on-one appointments with enterprises suitable for your business. Connect with high-end fashion production units and services. The trade show will run alongside the luxury fashion fabric show Textile Forum where exhibitors will be showing more than 70 collections of fabrics for spring/summer and autumn/winter. This show takes place in the fall (2020 dates TBA).
- Texhub Istanbul: Texhub Istanbul aims to bring together the industry leaders of fabrics, accessories, and yarn. Next show is November 2020 (dates TBA).
- Textile Forum The Fashion Fabric Show London: Textile Forum has cemented itself as London’s premier sourcing event for luxury fashion fabrics. The show attracts fabric buyers from major fashion retailers and brands, established independent design businesses and start-ups, tailors, craft shops, seamstresses and costumiers. This show takes place in London March 11th-12th, 2020.
- MUNICH FABRIC START: A dedicated trade show for members of the fashion industry, manufacturers, and suppliers. Each season large numbers of fashion professionals from across Europe head to Munich to research and source for their new collections. The next show is February 4th-6th, 2020.
- Functional Fabric Fair: This is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest trends in fabric development for the functional textile industry. The next Functional Fabric Fair will be held on July 20th-21st in NYC.
- International Sourcing Expo Australia: Australia’s premier international sourcing show for apparel, accessories and textiles. November 24-25th, Melbourne Australia.
- Source Africa: Source Africa is the leading industry event of its kind that brings together suppliers, manufacturers, service providers and buyers all under one roof and takes place June 2nd-4th, 2020, Cape Town, South Africa.
- London Textile Fair: The London Textile Fair is happening July 15th and 16th, 2020. This is the biggest textile fair in London and is described as “a well-organized and friendly show.”
- International Apparel and Textile Fair: The UAE’s exclusive sourcing and textile fair will be held April 7th-9th in Dubai.
- Pure London: Pure Origin London unites manufacturers and buyers in London’s busiest fashion trade hub. The next show is February 9th-11th, 2020.
Top Tips for Sourcing-Based Fashion Trade Shows
Fashion Trade Shows- Selling
Get new wholesale accounts, attend networking events, meet fellow designers, press, boutique owners, and all kinds of sales and marketing-focused industry folks. These are shows you participate in for a cost.
For these shows you need to have your packet ready to share with buyers: look book, wholesale line sheet especially.
- Coterie: Coterie is the premier global event that connects women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear designers with the international “who’s who” of retailers. Coterie builds exclusive shopping experiences from the ground up so that brands and buyers can create synergies that fuel their businesses. This show is held in NYC from February 11th-13th, 2020.
- Capsule: Capsule holds a women’s show in New York City February 10th-12th., featuring “a unique combination of independent, often founder-run labels alongside established industry favorites.”
- Designers and Agents: Designers & Agents identifies emerging talent and creates connections with designers and buyers. D&A features brands from around the world that are the influencers of the market. This show comes to Los Angeles from January 13th-15th and March 9th-11th and NYC from February 9th-11th, 2020.
- COAST: COAST shows come to Miami November 4th-5th, 2020. COAST offers the latest trends and bridges the gap between designers and retailers while becoming a global trade show.
- Agenda: With a portfolio of over 1,000 brands, Agenda is the most diverse fashion trade show in the world. It comes to Las Vegas Feb 4-6 and August 12th-14th.
- POOL: The POOL tradeshow is where new items are found for the boutique market for all sorts of retailers. POOL comes to Las Vegas from February 5th-7th, 2020.
- AccessoriesTheShow: NEW YORK AccessoriesTheShow creates the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplace for juried accessories each and every season. Comes to NYC January 5th-7th, 2020.
- Accessorie Circuit: Established in 1987, CIRCUIT is a comprehensive women’s accessory and footwear exhibition featuring designer and fine jewelry, handbags, footwear, scarves, belts, and gift items. This exhibition comes to NYC January 5th-7th, 2020.
- COEUR x Project Womens: Fashion, accessories, gift, home, and lifestyle show. Comes to Las Vegas February 11th-13th, 2020.
- TRANOÏ: An artistic platform with a curated selection of international premium designers, created for them to meet the most influential fashion ambassadors. In addition to fashion tradeshows, TRANOÏ also puts together artistic installations, designers’ exhibitions, catwalk shows, parties and all sorts of events which arouse the dreams and desires inherent to fashion. Comes to Paris January 17th-19th, 2020.
- NY NOW LIFESTYLE: This show will showcase a broad spectrum of merchandise categories, including giftware, personal care, stationery, fashion accessories, and children’s products. Coming to NYC February 1st-5th, 2020.
- NY NOW HANDMADE: Representing all home and lifestyle categories and crafted in all types of media – with distinct groupings of designer-makers and global import resources. Coming to NYC February 1st-5th, 2020.
- Pure London: Be sure to take your place at the UK’s most unmissable fashion retail event. The next event is February 9th-11th, 2020.
- The Lingerie Selection: This show is dedicated to promoting independent brands in the fast-growing lingerie segment. The show connects brands and buyers and forms a community of lingerie professionals, all seeking to provide their customers with exactly what they desire. It has two formal industry shows per year and creates other activations year-round to engage customers and increase brand awareness. The dates for the next show are February 2nd and 3rd, 2020.
- KnowShow is Canada’s premier lifestyle trade show and it takes place January 14th-16th, 2020 in Vancouver.
- Man / Woman Shows: The Man and Woman shows are dedicated to bringing together a select community of brands from around the world and offering brands an introduction to the right buyers. The Woman shows will be in New York February 9th-11th, 2020 and in Paris February 28th-29th, 2020. The Man shows come to Paris January 17th-19th, 2020 and New York January 21st-23rd, 2020.
- International Jewelry London: The largest global meeting place for the jewelry industry comes to London September 13th-15th, 2020.
- Who’s Next: Who’s Next is the leading international fashion trade show for women in Europe. The next show is January 17th-20th, 2020 in Paris.
- Jacket Required: On January 22nd and 23rd in London, this premium fashion trade show is open exclusively to buyers and members of the press.
- Outdoor Retailer: Outdoor Retailer takes place in Denver January 29th-31st, 2020. This is North America’s largest trade show in the outdoor clothing industry.
- Scoop: Scoop is a designer womenswear trade show held in East London and takes place February 9th-11th.
- Seek: Seek is a progressive contemporary fashion trade show taking place in Berlin January 14th-16th, 2020.
- SwimShow: The world’s largest swim show takes place in Miami in July 11th – 14th.
- American Handcrafted: This is the largest North American handmade wholesale show in the northeast and it comes to Philadelphia January 25th-27th, 2020.
Top Tips for Sales-Based Fashion Trade Shows: