Here’s Your List of Fashion Trade Shows 2018
It’s about to be a new year and you might be thinking about fashion trade show participation. If that’s the case, here’ s a list of fashion trade shows for 2018.
Fashion Trade Shows- Sourcing
Source fabrics and trims, attend business seminars, meet factories, sample makers, printers, and all kinds of production focused industry folks. These are shows you attend for free.
- DG Expo: DG Expo offers a textile and trimmings exhibit for designers and retailers. The expo also offers seminars on business growth and textile classes. The expo hits New York Jan 17th and 18th, 2018, Miami March 27th and 28th, 2018, and Dallas April 25th and 26th, 2018.
- Texworld USA: Texworld USA is North America’s largest sourcing event for designers, fabric buyers, and merchandisers consisting of products ranging across the entire spectrum of fabrics. The next Texworld USA is scheduled in New York January 22nd-24th, 2018.
- Sourcing at Magic: Sourcing at Magic is a fashion-sourcing event where attendees have access to global resources, and receive insight into trends and information regarding inventive technology and the industry. It takes place from February 11th-14th, 2018 in Las Vegas.
- Kingpins: Kingpins offers a tightly selected list of vendors that including denim and sportswear fabric from all over the world. The show happens at various cities, with the next show in New York on June 6th-7th, 2018.
- Indigo/ Premiere Vision: This show brings 125 exhibitors including design studios, bookshops, and trend bureaus while showing designs for prints, embroideries, knits and more. Indigo New York will be January 16th-17th, 2018.
- L.A. Textile Show: This show is the fashion industry’s premier West Coast destination for textile, design & production resources from around the globe. Showcasing hundreds of international fabric collections and design services, the caliber of resources and fashion direction is presented with West Coast’s Contemporary & Lifestyle designers in mind. They also have a sourcing pavilion for finding factories and other production-related services. This show takes place from March 5th-7th, 2018.
- CFE MANUFACTURERS TRADE SHOW: Meet over 20 manufacturers and supporting services who offer sampling production and specialist skills to fashion labels. Browse the array of exhibitors or book in one-to-one appointments with enterprises suitable for your business. Connect with high-end fashion production units and services. The trade show will run alongside luxury fashion fabric show, Textile Forum where exhibitors will be showing more than 70 collections of fabrics for spring/summer and autumn/winter. This show takes place from October 11th-12th (2018 dates TBA).
- Textile Forum The Fashion Fabric Show London: Textile Forum has cemented itself as London’s premier sourcing event for luxury fashion fabrics. The show attracts fabric buyers from major fashion retailers and brands, established independent design businesses and start-ups, tailors, craft shops, seamstresses and costumiers. This show takes place in London from March 14th-15th, 2018.
- MUNICH FABRIC START: A dedicated trade show for members of the fashion industry, manufacturers, and suppliers. Each season large numbers of fashion professionals from across Europe head to Munich to research and source for their new collections. The next show is January 30th-February 1st, 2018.
Top Tips for sourcing-based Fashion Trade Shows
Fashion Trade Shows- Selling
Get new wholesale accounts, attend networking events, meet fellow designers, press, boutique owners, and all kinds of sales and marketing focused industry folks. These are shows you participate in for a cost. For these shows you need to have your packet ready to share with buyers: look book, wholesale line sheet, etc.
- Coterie: Coterie is the premier global event that connects women’s apparel, accessories, and footwear designers with the international ‘who’s who’ of retailers. Coterie builds exclusive shopping experiences from the ground up so that brands and buyers can create synergies that fuel their businesses. This show is held in NYC from February 26th-28th, 2018.
- EDIT(at Coterie) EDIT becomes a destination at Coterie. EDIT is a highly-curated presentation of recognized and rising international designers, highlighting ready-to-wear and accessories collections with remarkable quality. Previously a separate show in the February and September markets, this elevated showroom environment is now the newest neighborhood at Coterie. EDIT comes to NYC February 26th-28th, 2018.
- TMRW(at Coterie): Advanced Contemporary Lines and Emerging Designers with Global Perspective. This show is also a “neighborhood” at Coterie in NYC February 26th-28th, 2018.
- Capsule: Capsule holds a women’s show in New York City from January 23rd-25th; February 24th-26th, and in Las Vegas February 12th-14th, 2018.
- Designers and Agents: Designers & Agents identifies emerging talent and creates connections with designers and buyers. D&A features brands from around the world that are the influencers of the market. This show comes to Los Angeles from January 15th-17th; March 12th-14th and NYC from February 25th-27th, 2018.
- COAST: COAST shows come to Delray Beach, Florida January 11th-12th; May 21st-22nd; November 2nd-3rd, 2018. COAST shows come to Miami March 28th-29th and October 1st and 2nd, 2018. COAST comes to Nashville TBA. COAST offers the latest trends and bridges the gap between designers and retailers, while becoming a global trade show.
- Agenda: With a portfolio of over 1,000 brands, Agenda is the most diverse and fashion trade show in the world. It comes to Long Beach from January 4th-5th, and Las Vegas February 12th-14th, 2018.
- POOL: The POOL tradeshow is where new items are found for the boutique market for all sorts of retailers. POOL comes to Las Vegas from February 12th-14th, 2018.
- AccessoriesTheShow: NEW YORK AccessoriesTheShow creates the world’s largest and most vibrant marketplace for juried accessories each and every season. Comes to NYC January 7th-9th, 2018.
- Accessorie Circuit/ Fraiche Circuit: Established in 1987, CIRCUIT is a comprehensive women’s accessory and footwear exhibition featuring designer and fine jewelry, handbags, footwear, scarves, belts and gift items. Held 3 times a year during the January, May and August NYC market weeks, this exhibition runs concurrently with ENK’s Intermezzo Collections. Comes to NYC January 7th-9th, 2018, May (TBA) and August (TBA).
- COEUR: Fashion, accessories, gift, home, and lifestyle show. Comes to Las Vegas February 12th-14th, 2018. Comes to LA March 13th-15th, 2018. NYC dates TBD.
- TRANOÏ: An artistic platform with a stern selection of international premium designers, created for them to meet the most influential fashion ambassadors. Organizing fashion tradeshows TRANOÏ also puts together artistic installations, designers exhibitions, catwalk shows, parties and all sorts of events which arouse the dreams and desires inherent to fashion. Comes to Paris January 19th-21st; January 18th-23rd; February 28th-March 6th; March 2nd-5th, 2018.
- NY NOW LIFESTYLE: Will showcase a broad spectrum of merchandise categories, including giftware, personal care, stationery, fashion accessories and children’s products. Coming to NYC February 3rd-6th, 2018.
- NY NOW HANDMADE: Representing all home and lifestyle categories and crafted in all types of media – with distinct groupings of designer-makers and global import resources. Coming to NYC February 4th-7th, 2018
- The Ethical Fashion & Beauty Tradeshow: This unique initiative was formed to showcase brands and companies in the fashion and beauty world who put people and the environment at the center of their work. It is about like-minded people coming together to celebrate and learn more about the growing ethical beauty and fashion industry. A new and exciting event coming to London in 2019.
- Pure London: With eight exciting show sectors and the new launch of Pure Origin, take your place at the UK’s most unmissable fashion retail event. Next event is July 22nd-24th, 2018.
Top Tips for sales-based Fashion Trade Shows:
Hi Nicole I am from India Me and my partner were in the garment business 10 years ago and wiorked for domestic market for 15 Years.We stopped our work due to family obligations of kids We are planning to restart and create work on fine silk fabrics for Tops and ladies shirts etc with fine Indian embroidery as our culture is diverse with an unlimited range of crafts . Was wondering how you could help us? Please do let us know as we are looking for guidance Regards Ritu
Dear Nicole, thanks for sharing this. Trade shows are a great platform to form business relationships. But it’s important to carefully choose which ones to participate in or attend. Defining the objectives clearly and never losing sight of them can lead to fruitful discussions and gaining an insight into the fashion industry.
Dear Nicole, I came across your website today. You have some great content. I was wondering whether you are only listing tradeshows in the US? The reason I ask is that we are intending to launch London's first Ethical Fashion & Beauty Tradeshow later this year. The show will be open to both trade on day one and consumers on day two in London, England. Just letting you know, if you wish to list our tradeshow also, but only if it falls within your remit. regards Noor Shahzad Co Founder/MD Ethical Fashion & Beauty Tradeshow Twitter: @ethical_trade
Mongolian cashmere, yak, camel wool garments Seeking advise from Nicole or guests about which US fairs and expos would suite best for Goyol Cashmere's products manufactured in cashmere, silk-cashmere, yak wool, camel wool and sheep wool. We attended Coterie Feb 2016 and would like to pursue further our goal to enter the US market with our pure, organic garments of about mid range pricing. Thank you, Nicole, very much for the info and the list above email@example.com