Inspired by a Women’s Wear Daily article highlighting companies who allow the consumer to become the designer , I thought it would be nice to highlight Spoonflower, a textile printing company that allows anyone and everyone to become a textile designer. Through crowdsourcing, allowing the public to set the trends,and some great social media, the concept behind this company is really taking off. But, rather than chat you to death, here are some great videos from their YouTube channel.
MoreFashion Fabric Sourcing
- Fabric Dictionary: What is Tencel?
- All About Pattern Grading (Part 1 of 2)
- Made-to-Order, Contract Sewers, and Self-Made Production
- Fabric Dictionary: What is Bamboo Fabric?
- Let’s Talk Fashion Sketches and Technical Sketches
- How to Use Garment Markers and Fabric Widths