StyleBistro Interview: WWDMAGIC Blogger Nicole Giordano of StartUp FASHION
1. What’s your name, age and blog?
Nicole Giordano, 30yrs old, NicoleGiordano.com/blog & startupfashion.com
2. Define your personal style.
Always comfortable, often a little funky, sometimes sophisticated, never boring.
3. What will you be wearing this spring?
Lots of delicate floral prints, some lace, definitely linen!, full skirts, and ethnic accents.
4. Blogging is [FILL IN THE BLANK].
A creative outlet. A way to express what you see and how you feel. A platform for connecting with those who are interested in what you have to say; whether they whole heartedly agree, or constructively disagree.
5. What are your online must-reads?
6. Biggest shopping splurge ever?
A vintage sun-dress from a little shop on the Lower East Side. It wasn’t even a designer label, but it was hand embroidered and a perfect example of Slow Fashion. It was beautiful and I fell instantly in love.
7. Have you ever posted photos of yourself in a look you regretted later? What was it?
I can honestly say I haven’t. I know, that’s a boring answer, but I generally don’t post pictures of myself at all! Just to err of the side of caution 😉
8. One print magazine you can’t live without?
I absolutely love HandEye
9. What’s your dream job?
I’m living it! My days are completely filled with textiles and fashion; designing, sourcing, writing, weaving, and connecting, with an element of philanthropy and the ability to share it all with the world.
10. What excites you most about the Magic trade show?
Meeting all the fellow bloggers is definitely up there on the list. The idea that I am connecting with women I may not have ever really gotten to know, is thrilling. I’m also really looking forward to checking out POOL. Independent fashion is what gives me goose bumps!