After writing yesterday’s post, I was reminded of how little I know about Turkish textiles. I truly don’t have the first clue about the quality, lead time, fiber specialties, or minimums of fabrics coming out if this country. So I started digging around online and before I knew it, I found myself on the Cotton USA website. Why, you ask? Because while trying to find a resource for information on textiles from Turkey, I found a link to “The Delights of Turkey” Textile Industry Tour. Apparently, it’s a week long event that has taken place in Istanbul for the past six years. I guess that means it’s successful, huh? The tour “enables buyers to conveniently explore the advantages of sourcing …from the strong textile economy of Turkey”. You are able to check out various showrooms and manufacturing facilities, meet, network, and develop a relationship with mills and distributors, and really learn about the role Turkey plays in the industry. Think about it, you have permission to spend some time abroad! Consider it a mini vacation. Yes, it’s work, but I am willing to bet you can squeeze in a little time for play.
MoreFashion Fabric Sourcing
- How to Source Sustainable Fabrics That You Love for your Fashion Line
- How to Save Money Through International Sourcing
- 4 Tips for Sourcing Fabrics Online
- Source Fabrics for Your Fashion Brand with No Minimums!
- The Ultimate Fabric Sourcing Checklist for Fashion Designers
- Fashion Archives: A Look into the History of the Graphic T-Shirt