There are so many rules in fashion business; seasonal deadlines, the “right” press, minimal number of pieces per collection, celebrity endorsements… it’s exhausting.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Your options for building your brand are limitless!
Decide what you want in your life,
Decide what you want in your work,
Focus on the place where they intersect.
The only way to be truly successful in business is to build a business around the life you want, not the other way around.
A successful fashion business doesn’t have to be a mystery.
- Have your own business support system
- Connect with fellow designers who get it, get you, and are doing it too
- Get and give advice, guidance, feedback, and help to build your business your way
- Feed your entrepreneurial soul and spend your days doing what you love
We believe that everyone deserves to have total control over every aspect of their life. And we believe that you can absolutely do this on your own terms.
We are on a mission to help independent designers make a living doing what you love.
Would you like to join us?
What’s it all about?
StartUp FASHION is an online community where independent designers and emerging brands are helping one another, forming friendships, collaborating, letting off steam, sharing victories, and belonging to a network of people who get it; who are doing it too.
We’re a place to discover the limitless ways you can build your fashion brand by helping you create a path and giving you the guidance to follow that path.
HOW WE SUPPORT YOU:
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS LONELY AND KIND OF ISOLATING
- Virtual Office Hours: Monthly Video Consulting sessions with StartUp FASHION. You can ask questions about your business; get advice on something you’re working on, get feedback on an idea. We’re there to chat.
- The Designers’ Discussion Forum gives you an actual place to go to get answers to your burning questions on the topics that tend to keep you up at night.
- GETTING YOUR NAME OUT THERE IS ONE OF YOUR BIGGEST CHALLENGES
- Emerging Designer Sales and Press Opportunities. Because we’ve been in the industry for some years now, we are often presented with exciting opportunities from large media companies and sales platforms looking for Emerging Designers. We always look to our members first!
- YOU NEED TO MAKE MORE SALES
- Collection of 500 boutique retailers that carry emerging and independent labels. So that getting into stores can be one part of your business success.
- EDUCATION IS EVERYTHING
- Start every day with the Daily Must Reads, a feed of over 20 of the best blogs and online magazines covering fashion, business, trends, and style; updated several times per day to keep you up to date and informed.
- Free and discounted online and offline events and workshops with superstar experts
- 15+ Business Templates we like to call Tool Kits
- Line Sheet Template
- Advisory Board Creation Guide
- Detailed Business Financial Plan Template
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips & Guidelines
- Essential Elements of a Money making eCommerce Website
- Social Media Strategy Template and Guidelines
- Creative Brief for Communicating with Graphic & Web Designers
- Creating a Business Advisory Board Template and Guidelines
- Fiber Dictionary
- Fabric Dictionary
- Fit and Cut Dictionary
- Marketing Budget Template and Guidelines
- Purchase Order Form
- Wholesale Order Form
- Line Costing Template
- Strategic Business Planning Template
- Brand Identity Creation Guidelines
- Target Market Creation Guidelines
- YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO DO AND STAYING ORGANIZED IS TRICKY
- A hub to manage all of your press pitching, buyer pitching, supplier and factory contact info, social media planning, and production schedules in one space.
- Digital to-do list that’s easy to organize into unlimited categories in order to stay on top of your daily, weekly, and monthly tasks like “Design Tasks”, “Production Tasks”, and “Marketing Tasks”.
- YOU’RE ON A BUDGET, EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS
- Shopify- 10% off your monthly fees
- Fashion Brain Academy- 15% off the “New Designer Program”
- PR Couture- $50 off their Media List
- PR Couture- $10 off the book “Pitch Perfect”
- Recipe for Press- 25 % off their book “Recipe for Press”
- LupRocks- $100 off their TV and Movie Product Placement Services
- Finance Your Startup- $50 off their digital tutorial
- Makers Row- 50% off starter membership
- Cruz Label- 10% off custom labels
Check out what our Community members have to say!
Who’s behind all of this?
From our founder, Nicole…
I don’t believe you need to approach your life the way other people say you should. My fashion career has spanned from being an independent designer to an operations manager to textile sourcing to fashion marketing; because these are the things I love to do.
I’ve traveled, lived abroad, and built businesses based on the belief that I have full control over how I use my time on this earth. I want to help you do the same thing.
- Q: Who is this Community for?
- A: Fashion and Accessory design entrepreneurs who understand that starting a fashion business requires more than just having creative talent, who recognize the need to invest the right way in their businesses, and who are serious about building a business on their own terms.
- Q: I’m not an apparel designer, will the Community still be helpful for me?
- A: Yes! Having access to the tools and resources in the Community is great for apparel designers as well as handbag, jewelry, and other accessories designer.
- Q: Why should I sign up for the Community?
- A: You want to wake up excited about your growing business, right? You want to feel thrilled about the new sales happening on your website and the emails in your inbox letting you know that you made money while you were sound asleep. You want to start each day knowing exactly what you need to accomplish and finally be organized enough to get shit done.
- Q: I don’t live in the US. Is the Community still a good fit for me?
- A: Absolutely! The tools and resources in the Community are relevant to any independent or emerging designer. And the majority of our events are online.
- Q: Is the Community worth the price?
- A: Membership to the Community represents access to over 15 years of education and experience in the fashion industry.Plus, take a second to think about the Retailer Database alone. If you pick up one new wholesale account (and we’re willing to bet you’ll get more than that), you will recoup your $225 membership fee 5 times over, at least!Listen, we get it: you’re an independent designer, and every dollar counts. The good news is that once you get started, and begin using the resources and tools to their full potential, this investment will pay for itself many times over.In addition to the monetary savings, the Community has been created to dramatically cut down the time you spend on your day to day tasks and help you to efficiently organize the way you run your business.
- Q: Will the Community really help me grow my business?
- A: Yes! As long as you commit to it. The Community was developed to help you, and it absolutely will when paired with your drive and motivation as an entrepreneur.
Check out what our Community members have to say!