Meet BreakThrough DESIGNER Heidi Roland of heidiroland. Listen, Learn, Connect.
1. What is your brand’s mission? How has it evolved since you started your business?
heidiroland accessories embodies the future of women and embraces difference and individual spirit. With each new jewelry collection heidiroland is reinventing the disposition of women’s accessories and reminds us that fashion is not about changing who you are on the outside, but rather about expressing who you are on the inside.
2. How would you describe your brand’s aesthetic?
Bold, daring, lovely, fun, earthy, easy to wear
3. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your business? What do you do to combat that?
Growing pains as I enter new arenas
4. Do you sell wholesale or primarily through your own website/retail location? What steps do you take to attain brand recognition, whether to wholesale buyers or retail consumers?
We sell both wholesale and retail, selling in many boutiques nationally and internationally as well as online, talking with distributors and agents as well as working locally.
5. What social media platforms do you find most integral to your brand’s marketing? How do you utilize them to connect with your customers?
Facebook – constantly posting updates and new styles
6. Can you describe in a few sentences your day to day?
Preparing for shows like POOL Trade Show – just a few weeks away, making each pair of earrings by hand. Reaching out to potential buyers with my new spring/summer collection and inviting them to stop by and see me in Las Vegas. Ordering supplies, brainstorming displays, and finalizing line sheets.
7. What are three of YOUR favorite brands? What do you admire most about them?
All fresh new creative brands that bring their own twist to classics
8. One piece of advice you can offer the fresh faces of fashion?
9. What exciting things are in store for you in 2011?!
We’re participating in POOL in Las Vegas and Now Showcase in NYC. Plus now we’re selling to boutiques in France, Spain and Italy
Thanks Heidi for a wonderful interview!